Sunday, July 15, 2012

being fearful



I want to work on that...the being fearful thing. 

I listened to a really wonderful sermon today about becoming complacent in our faith.  It pretty much rocked, and got me to ask myself some deep questions.  Andrew challenged us to really connect and to be fearful, it was a tough message.  He pressed us to ask ourselves if we are really open to God working through us, are we seeking him out, or are we just going through the motions?  He asked for us to not ever get too comfortable with our faith and to always know that our glory is in God - not in ourselves.  To live fearfully, consistently fearfully. 

We can worship the Lord, but in the end have we come to that moment where we know Jesus and he knows us?  I am not too sure of this fearful thing...and I want to get it right.  I want to live fearfully.  I am humble to the Lord, and ever so thankful for Gods grace.  But am I fearful?  I am praying on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment