Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Thankful Day

Right now I am feeling thankful for all of the simple things that I overlook on most days.  I was feeling overwhelmed this morning and I almost let it get to me.  It took a minute to turn myself around and remind myself that no matter what is going on...I have a choice. 
 
To name just a few of the things I am thankful for today:

I am thankful that I am here - by the grace of God, I am able to experience the here and now.
I am thankful that I am healthy - my poor little man has been having tummy troubles and I really wish I could take them away from him.  He woke up, after a very rough night, to inform me that "Mommy, I think that this sickness is still on me."  It broke my heart.
I am thankful for my physical strength - my body, and super strong and capable legs, carried me 4.5 quick miles on the treadmill this morning.  All the while my little man was building "block ramps" on my yoga mat for his hot wheels, eating saltines and drinking ginger ale.
I am thankful for my friends that remind me, probably without even knowing it, that I am a lucky lady and there are struggles out there that are much more challenging then the ones I have.  One of them hit 18 months today, from the day she lost her husband.  She is so strong and I am thankful to call her my friend.  She helps to give me a different perspective.  I love her.
I am thankful for my family - that I can hold my sweet little man, and kiss my big man every day.  It is a gift.
I am thankful for the beautiful weather - 81 degrees, simply perfect outside.  I love the spring time in VA.

I could go on and on and on...

be thankful.

5 comments:

  1. congrats on signing up for your first half!!! :) you will have a blast...and i am NOT a runner(ok..maybe i am now...) but i wasn't when i started! for me, it was all about starting...then once i signed up, i knew i couldn't quit! ha!
    hope you have an awesome thursday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your heart. Gratitude just changes everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful post!
    congratulations, you won the pillow on my give away from jen rizzo!
    ps, if you'll inbox me your email i'll contact her for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. just found your blog through Paige. Beautiful writing. Welcome to the blog world!

    ReplyDelete